The 2022 Index identifies key trends and opportunities to help foodservice leaders capitalise on opportunities and conquer challenges.
It provides vital insight on key questions, such as:
- Will diners and drinkers seek out healthier, more sustainable options, keen to protect themselves and the planet?
- Or will they hunt for the treats – the nights and meals out – they have missed?
- How will the cost of living crisis and rising supply chain costs impact consumers’ willingness to spend their money on greener choices if they cost more?
Covering clients and consumers; sustainable diets; energy, emissions and natural resources; waste and resources; policy and supply chain; employee health and wellbeing, and drawn from in-depth industry interviews, deep industry engagement, consumer surveys and extensive secondary research, the Footprint Sustainability Index 2022, provides answers. These include:
- 1 in 4 consumers choose a place to eat because of its ethics/environmental practices
- 1 in 5 of UK consumers had checked a venue’s commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions when eating out
- 64% of UK consumers had tried to reduce the amount of meat they eat in the last 12 months
- 1 in 5 of UK consumers boycotted a place to eat in the last 12 months because of its ethics or environmental practices
- 42% of consumers would choose a venue because its signage displayed a commitment to reducing CO2e
The preview for the launch of the 2022 Footprint Sustainability Index, in association with Nestlé Professional, was held live on YouTube on Thursday May 12th 2022 at 11am. As well as a presentation of the report’s findings and anecdotes, this preview will feature a keynote and panel session featuring a number of the report’s contributors.