THE NOMINEES for the “people’s choice” Community Vote in the 2013 Footprint Awards have today been announced.
Selected by their peers, customers, suppliers and the industry at large, the shortlist for the Community Vote – sponsored by Reynolds - consists of:
- Carey's Manor Hotel, New Forest, Hampshire
- Iglu Restaurant and Bar, Newton Stockridge, Edinburgh
- Linklaters, City of London
- Mains Of Scotstown, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
- Ode True Food, Shaldon, Devon
- The Bay Fish and Chips, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- The Hanging Bat, Old Town, Edinburgh
- The Jerusalem Tavern, Clerkenwell, London
- The Spirit Pub Company, Burton on Trent
- The Thatchers Arms, Mount Bures, Essex
Nick Fenwicke-Clennell, Footprint Media Group CEO said: “To be voted by one’s peers speaks volumes for the achievements of those organisations shortlisted for the Community Vote accolade. These are the organisations whose efforts and achievements in the realms of sustainability and responsible practice are really making an impact and making businesses and individuals within our industry sit up and take notice.”
Last year’s Community Vote was won by Harper Adams University College.
David Nuttall, Catering Manager at Harper Adams, commented on what the win meant to them: “The catering team works very hard to make sure everything we do has the smallest possible impact on the environment and this recognition shows we are making a difference where it matters most, because our customers and other stakeholders have made the effort to vote and helped us to win another national award.”
The Footprint Awards is the industry’s only awards scheme encouraging sustainability and responsible business throughout the supply chain. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held at RIBA, London on 23rd May.